Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Reunion

We were young, we were trained to combat,
Selected amongst little innocent ones,
Not knowing any other life out there,
Sleeping in brown canvas tents spending our youthful years,

Sweating under the hot broad daylight,
Swifting across the wild hills and jungles,
Moving thru the swamps and muddy lands,
Lighting up fire when sun goes down,

Sometimes we would hear sounds from the woods,
The fury beasts near us with its murderous intent,
Growling as loud proclaiming its prowess,
I pray to the Lord as I shut my eyes,

The light calls out for the morning sun,
Bringing out the colours of this serene place,
Gazing at your picture I miss you so much,
You're the only one, my reason to live,

I'll brave thru the sands and storms,
Whatever hurdles that barricades my way,
Crawling thru the dry fields of land mines,
I'll march courageously with you in my heart,

I remember the day when we were young,
The men in greens took me faraway,
Our tightly held hands had parted ways,
Since then you were always on my mind,

Our distance nears the enemies base,
An alert that the war will soon begin,
We bottled our message to our love ones,
And built a mighty forge before our enemies,

We camped, we patrol, we waited patiently,
Taking our turns enduring the sleepless hour,
The intruders came and blood was shed,
We defend fortress with all our breathe,

Our long fought war has finally concluded,
Lives lost and the shall be remembered,
The cemetery plays a mellow song that day,
Our friends have ascend to the heavens above,

I knocked and ring your doorbell that day,
The doors unclosed you couldn't believe your eyes,
You are so beautiful, I'm captured by your smile,
Our tears reunite after waiting all these years.






No comments: